Labor is intense, physical and emotional. It can be comforting to be reassured by someone with training and education that what is happening is normal. Some women also desire and benefit from comfort in the form of touch or fortification. Partners may welcome guidance on how to help the laboring woman as well.
Doulas are trained to provide the comfort and safekeeping that women need during their labor. Support is crucial. Labor and delivery can be planned for but, there is no promise of how things will unfold.
As The Premier Doulas of Arkansas, we are trained, educated, and experienced in childbirth. We will help you plan for your labor and delivery, and will be beside you during your labor and delivery offering you physical support such as comfort measures and position changes as well as meeting your emotional needs and informational support also.
We are also proud to be able to say that we are one of the few agencies in the area offering our clients two doulas to ensure that the client always has support. We are also on call for you for whatever you may need from the moment you sign that contract!
Here’s what you can expect from us:
- 1 prenatal meeting
- 24/7 e-mail, phone and/or text support upon signing the contract
- 24/7 on-call for you upon the signing of the contract
- Assistance with preparing your one page birth plan
- Phone support in early labor until you are ready for in-person support
- In-person support during your labor and delivery
- Immediate support after the birth including breastfeeding assistance
- 1 postpartum visit to check on mother and baby within 1-2 weeks after delivery
We also offer support for cesarean births.